Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week 34: Hip to be Square

OK, I admit I'm not following themes this much this year. I even like this week's theme: Crystal Clear. I'm actually working on a pearl/crystal creation that would work perfectly for the theme.. alas, I don't want to get behind again. So here is this weeks' not on theme item: "hip to be square" I've made one of these bracelets before using traditional round beads, but I wanted to try it with different shaped beads.. these square Sodalite beads are really nice, they have bezels on the edges and everything. I really wanted to feature them in a piece, so what is better than square frames? I'm especially pleased how well the clasp came out. Not exactly square, but angular for sure. This sold almost the second I put it out, and the gal commissioned matching earrings, which turned out great.. regretfully I didn't get pictures of them.



Here are 3 pendants I've made recently. The blue is cat's eye, the middle one is a vintage glass cab meant to suggest opal, and the 3rd jasper of some type. I mostly play in silver, but I know quite a few of my customers appreciate gold also, so I've been making an effort to make some things with gold fill. these turned out pretty well don't you think?

1 comment:

The bad Liz said...

Hip to be Square is excellent!!!