Thursday, September 4, 2014

Taking Flight

I like the chain I used on this
 I'm sooo pleased, I got this gone in time for Cedar Falls this weekend! yeah!

It's an idea I've been playing with for a couple of weeks.  The giant butterfly originally was going to be a bracelet of some sort, but it never quite worked for me.  It's been hanging out in a baggie with parts for the bracelet for probably 6 months... I finally took it out of that bag and set it aside and just stared at it once in a while.

Then I was putting away some key materials, and ran across the vintage keyhole and bonk! I knew the 2 had to be together.

I really wanted someone peeking out at me, so a cut out a face from my growing cookie and candy tin collection, and wired her on the butterfly's abdomen, then riveted the keyhole in place.. I added spacers so she's not directly again the keyhole.. I wanted that extra dimension to it.  I wanted to give her alittle shadow to hide in.  The clock face is very old, probably 1900's, it's ceramic and has lovely delicate pattern on it, which seemed fitting to so refine a lady peeking out.
another long view

A lady from 1880's is peeking out the key hole.. or are we looking in on her?

A shot of the necklace in progress

No comments: