Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week 35: Pretty Pinks

This is sort of a redo. I made the body of this necklace over a year ago, and had a centerpiece of a vintage glass cab. I never really quite liked how it looked... so I decided to take it apart. Instead I started to play around with another vintage glass cab, and well, now it looks great! At least I think it looks great!! I think the biggest problem is the links of silver on this are so big... and the original centerpiece was about the same size. The center needed to be bigger to look balanced. I initially had the same problem with this cab... so I started to add layers to it. The pendant is made with 21GA square on the wrap, then the first loop is 22GA twisted wire, and then finally another loop with small pink beads. If you look at the sterling links on the necklace they are are different, and made from 18GA. I made earrings to match naturally! This necklace now has that funky vintage look I wanted originally. This just reinforces you shouldn't be afraid to rip stuff apart and redo it... when it doesn't feel right the first time.



1 comment:

The bad Liz said...

Kat - that is so pretty! And you know that I am not a pink person - but this is really good!!