Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hard at work.... Show Season in 2 weeks!!! YIKES!

Wow! I have my first show of the season in 2 weeks! I've been hard at work doing various commissions, and trying to get all stocked up for shows. I've been "watching" TV when I make stuff.. rather I've been listening while I make stuff, like driving I keep my eyes firmly on the "road" which in this case is trying not to hit my fingers when I hammer! VH-1 has been running a special series called "One Hit Wonders of the 1980's". What fun, most of the songs are fab and I grew up on them... The 80's are truly that magic zone of music for me.. I was 12 in 1980... what you listen to in your teens stay with you.. probably because as a kid you have so much time to listen to music. Beds are burning, Video killed the Radio Star, Turning Japanese, 2 hearts that beat as one, What I am.. great stuff! Makes me want to dig out all my old vinyls and listen to them.. but I don't have a record player. Anyway, if you are an 80's child, you should try to catch it, it's worth the memories!


SO I've been working on inventory... here is a watch with wireworking on it, it turned out very well I think, funky but wearable!


I have a whole line of jewelry this year that is pearls and crystals. This piece has a great Hill Tribe pendant on it also... Crystals and pearl jewelry have the timeless feel, and they are elegant for the money. With the economy the way it is, I want to offer something this year that won't cost an arm and a leg, but will look like it! I will still have all kinds of funky wire pieces, like the watch, but I like to have something for everyone.

No comments: