Monday, April 6, 2009

Girl's Weekend Link and my favorite piece of the moment!


OK, Sue posted the rest of the pics on her photo album, so here is the link...

http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr169/shadows60/Girls%20Weekend/ You can see the leaf earrings I taught them, close ups of the challenge pieces and generally see us all having a grand time!

I'm short on time this week, so only 1 piece this entry... this sun pendant is made from copper and sterling silver.. I textured the pieces separately and then soldered them together, and then domed it. I think it turned out very well. so well in fact I"m keeping this one and making another one for sale.. the other one will be slightly different, I used a different texture on the sterling silver part... I bought this great cheapo framing hammer at Harbor freight recently, and boy, it gives such a wonderful texture!!! I"ll have pics of it soon, I've got the pieces textured but not soldered yet, hopefully this weekend I"ll get the chance to do some smithing.... I've got a couple of other projects ready to solder, and a couple more ready to polish. I'm also working on a commission for a chain, and I've started to seriously revamp my website. My goal on the website is to have it done by the end of the month.. my show season starts then and I"m afraid if I don't get it done by then, it won't get done this year!!

more to come!

No comments: