Friday, May 10, 2013

Victorian clocks drooollllllllllll

the box
 I saw this on eBay, and I couldn't resist.  The auction was a box lot of Victorian era small clocks.  I talked it over with Jerry and we decided to go ahead and try to get the lot.. and I did! woot! In the pictures I could count for sure 21 full movements ( the guts of the clock) and possibly more.  It turns out there are 30 full movements, 1 incomplete, an handful of extra keys winders, faces and casing bits.  In short, we got such a deal!! and I love that I can actually date at least some of these.  So far all are over 100 years old.  I love being able to tell my customer more about where the pieces come from.

The Victorian era aprox runs 1837 to 1901 (1902?? ) .  so far none of the clocks I can date are younger than 1907, so that's pretty much ball park to my mind.

I look at these clocks and watch my husband take them apart, and I"m just bouncing off the walls with jewelry ideas!!
droollll!!! 30 complete movements, a partial, extra faces and keys...

this is a very pretty enamel face.

one of the "big" clocks.  it's almost 3 inches deep.  it's not quite 2 inches diameter

this one is quite the surprise, it looks more like a giant pocket watch than a clock!! yummy!

1 comment:

CraftyHope said...

SO COOL! What a great find. I'm sure you're going to make some amazing pieces with all this awesomeness.