Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Artapalooza is this weekend!

 This is what my desk looks like right this moment.  I've got several items in different phases of construction--
I'm not sure I've actually just come out and said this.. but my hubby is now a fully employed teacher.  This means that after 3 years, we are back to being a 2 - income family.  And this time around he's got a career instead of just a paycheck, a career where he can make a positive difference in other's lives.  I think his soul is happier now than it's been in years.

 

I'm so proud of him.. going back to school after more than 20 years!!   He sometimes has doubts on how well he's done / doing,  but his standards are - sometimes - well,  inappropriately high.  ( is that diplomatic enough?)

 

So Honey, I’m proud of you.  

 

Meanwhile , I'm in my normal pre-show frenzy.  This weekend we have Artapalooza, in Cedar Falls, IA and it's one of my favorite shows every year.  It's well run, well patronized, right by 2nd hand shops and has 2 decent bakeries within  walking.   Everyone, from the show organizers to all the customers, are just so darn excited and friendly and genuinely happy to see us!

 

I don't want to disappoint these people!   So I'm working hard on getting as many new pieces done -- good pieces!! -- as I can in the limited time I have.   The only bad thing about this show is it's so late in my season, so I feel like I don't have any "good" stuff left to share with them.

 

hm.  maybe high standards runs in the family?

 

No comments: