Friday, October 10, 2008

YOJ Week 40 & 41 more catch up

Ok, this wonderful copper and sterling wire bracelet already sold at one of my last few shows, but I wanted to show it anyway.. it's spirals on spirals, and I just think the contrast between the copper and sterling is great... and it makes this much more affordable. I sold it in the 35-40 dollar range, and if I'ld done this in all sterling, I would have had to charge at least $85.00, due to the cost of sterling. The large coils are 16GA copper and the smaller coils are 21GA sterling, and the hand cut rings are in 18GA. It's hard to see in this picture but I made a toggle for this one, as nothing else looked as good.


My second item to consider is a pin made with crazy lace agate, pearls and crystals. The pictures are rather dark, but the stone bead has great natural browns and hints of purple in it.. so I used purple crystals to bring the color out alittle. I'm quite pleased how this pin turned out, I think it's my best pin yet.

Last for your viewing pleasure is a simple but elegant strung piece using sterling, pearls and these gorgeous wood jasper beads. I like the necklace, but I loved the earrings that go with it!! Infact the earrings are long gone... I guess I'll have to come up with yet another design for earrings for this necklace... hmm.......


No comments: