Something I've wanted to try for some time is making jewelry out of old tin containers. So the last couple of times Jerry and I went garage sale hopping, we kept an eye out for likely candidates . ( hm... that's almost a pun)
Here is the results of my "test" can:
Bought Last weekend at a flea market type shop in Ames.
Step 1: cut the can apart. This was easier than I thought it would be, my sheers cut through it quite easily. Since this was the test I used one of the word panels. I liked the little illustrations sprinkled amongst the words.
I used my disc maker and hydraulic press and all of my samples turned out just perfect! I'm really excited about incorporating bits of tins into my jewelry!!
I also used various embossing tools and dies and most of them worked very well also, hard to see in this pic but it gives you the idea. I just used scraps to test this...
Next time, actually jewelry.