Saturday, January 5, 2013

Flea Market Finds 01/05/13

I love going to the flea Market!! I love when I can spend 3-4 hours and go through the booths leisurely and really get to look at things and talk to the vendors -- you can really learn stuff taking time to talk to the vendors ---

But this morning I only had approximately 1-1/2 hours to browse due to time commitments elsewhere.  Still I'm not going to miss the first chance to go in 2 months!!

So I set the clock on my phone and ran through as much of the Flea Market as I could.  Even with the time limit I found some good stuff.  I bought a few books  because I cannot resist cheap paperbacks.

I found very strange but kewl metal stickers ... Stanley's Metal Seals.  the normally come 10 in a box but there are only 4 left..  However I've discovered alot about this company with just a bit of net searching... here is a very nice article here ,  and they are still in business making signs and such here .  Mine are from 1926 and I only paid a quarter for them! woot!

I also picked up a few watch/watch parts and a very interesting handle part.

The necklace is all glass/crystal,and I just love the aqua/blue/green mixes.  I am sure I can come up with a stunning design just using this necklace.

I also bought a whole box of instant camera and gear for $7.00.  I'm going to double check the cameras to make sure I didn't pick up any of the handful of valuable ones.  If not they will eventually go under the knife (OK, more like the hammer and screwdriver) and be reborn in very interesting jewelry.

For those in the Des Moines area, go to the flea market at the state fairgrounds- it runs until 4pm today, and again tomorrow 9-4pm.  It's always fun to walk around and check stuff out, even if you don't want to buy anything.  You just never know what you will find there.

only a couple of watch things this go around.. I didn't have time to really look today like I normally do.

pretty! and I talked him down so it was a deal!

The big camera in the back is the J66 Land camera, from 1961 or 1962. 

No comments: