Tuesday, December 4, 2007

YOJ: Week 47: earthy contemporary

This is fossil jasper, with some pearls and sterling. I made the necklace first, really liked it, decided it needed the full treatment, so bracelet and earrings followed. Now it seems lately with sets I"ll sell the earrings 1 or 2 times before someone has to have the whole set, so I've been making 2 to 3 earrings a set, but the earrings are different. Hard to make the same thing twice!! Usually 1 fancy set, and 1 simpler set. I really like the earrings I made last in this set, with the silver hammered loops. I used 18 or 16 ga for them, and textured them with this great hammer I got at Bead & Button.. I made the hoops tear shaped to echo the shape of the necklace drops. The card is leaning against something, but they are perfectly balanced when you wear them... they swing freely in the hoops.




No comments: