Thursday, January 7, 2010

Before and After firing bronze clay

1st pic is before firing, 2nd is after firing but before cleaning. You can't really tell from the pics, but the fired piece is about 15 % smaller. I"ll have to try this sometime with a dime or something so you can get a sense of scale.
My husband wants me to make him bronze game pieces for a game called Indonesia. Since jewelry really isn't his thing, I am please to make him something he wants. I have made him a few "manly" pieces of jewelry over the years, but I'm not sure he wanted them (LOL) I'll get pics up soon... firing will be challenging because the pieces are so very much thicker. I'm researching a fire schedule now for thicker pieces.

I've got a very busy couple of weeks. I have a home jewelry party next week, and Jan 16-17 I'll be demonstrating jewelry techniques at Merle Hay Mall in front of the Coop Gallery. One of the local bead stores has her annual "Bead Garage Sale" where you can bring things into the shop and sell.. I'm getting things priced for that. Honestly I enjoy the shopping at that more than the selling, you always find something interesting there. I have a Show in early February. More on that later!

Today I am home enjoying a vacation day, while my daughter is home from school on a snow day. It's been a very companionable day. We have both done things apart and together, bonding and getting things done. Days like these are rare and a treasure, and a great start to the year!

No comments: