Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sweetheart Collection in time for Valentine's Day!

I've been busy all weekend making heart jewelry. OK, I know, how stereotypical is hearts for Valentine's day? But I have 2 local shows before the 14Th, and I never have shows around Valentines day. Making hearts in wire is fun, so I have the perfect excuse to do something I love to do anyway! All the pieces are made using Sterling silver wire.

Top Picture shows a heart pendant using a wonderful rose vintage crystal in 20 GA and matching earrings in 21 GA.
Here's another shot of the heart earrings, I've made just a few pairs, some using more red w/ pink as the accent, and some the other way around. Another version of Sweethearts in Wire, another pendant using 20 GA but with a completely different flavor! Last


is Wire heart earrings with American made Art glass hearts floating on them. These are so much fun to wear, lots of movement!

I can't wait for these shows, both sound like so much fun! First is on Feb 6Th is a Craft/Art market at a local coffee shop: The Living Room Coffee House in Valley Junction. It runs 10-4pm. I know some of the fellow vendors there, so I think it will be a good time... good food (and Coffee, if you are into that! LOL) good friends and lots of kewl handmade items like oh, say, JEWELRY!, fiber items, and paintings. Probably lots more, so if you are in the Des Moines Area drop by for a fancy coffee and Iowa Art!!

My 2ND show is Feb 9Th at Panera Bread located at
4150 Westown Parkway in West Des Moines. They have this great program promoting local Iowa artists, called "Artists on the Rise" . Every Tues night 6-8pm they have a guest artist set up and demonstrate their craft. I'm delighted they have accepted me for this program!

Actually being an artist in Iowa seems more exciting the last 6 months than ever before.. there is so much going on if you keep your eyes and ears open. The Market Street Media Foundry shows ( which start up again in May!) the Art shows at the Art Store in West Des Moines, the Central Iowa Artist Coop Gallery in Merle Hay Mall... I'm just so grateful for all the opportunities I've had last year and this year is shaping up to be even better!!

No comments: