Monday, April 1, 2013

And So it Begins....

Yet another typewriter is up on the chopping block.  Now I am planning on using some of these keys in jewelry, because one of them is broken, so I can't sell a full set anyway.  Besides this one has real meaning to me... this typewriter I grew up with.  My mom Generously gave it to me to chop up.  It's been stored in the musty, damp basement for several years... it's got some realllll issues and is non functional.  ( I can remember it working.. I can even remember attempting to type stuff on it)   Best I can date it is early to mid 1920's.  I will make something for me, and for my mom out of this one.  I can't wait to see what the guts of a 1920's Smith and Corona looks like in comparison to a 1935 Royal!

Now I've got to get back to looking at my fellow Blog hoppers for the Bead Soup Blog Party!  
I'm planning on checking out all the blogs, a few a day.  So it might take me a couple of weeks... we had over 150 people in the first reveal! Join me... lots of good eye candy!

1 comment:

Lori Anderson said...

OH gosh -- as a typewriter collector, it hurts to see this! LOL. Kind of like when librarians avert their eyes at art with book pages. But I do love typewriter key jewelry, too, so it's a quandry!