Saturday, November 9, 2013

Art on the Prairie

Door hardware that I got at a flea market some time ago, vintage watch face and butterfly, crystals are captured in the drop
 Sorry that I dropped off the face of the earth.  On top of all of my normal busy busy, Last week ( and somewhat still now) I got the worse cold in my entire life, and it had bad asthma side issues to boot.  Ugh.  My doctor basically said bed-rest last weekend, and it wasn't hard to do, as moving just made it worse.  It was best to just sit there and not move, regardless of what the doctor said anyway.  I basically didn't move from Fri at 6pm (when I got home from work) until Monday Morning around 7am, when I had to get up for work again.  I'm mostly slept (poorly) and took medication, and coughed, coughed, coughed.  I had no appetite and took naps all the time.  For those of you who know me personally, these last too items should alarm you as much as they did my family.  I never take naps, and I damn well never loose my appetite.  Even when I have the flu and i"m worshiping the porcelain god, I very rarely lose my appetite for food.  I did with this cold.  I only really got it back maybe Weds? of this week. 

So while I had great plans to have all kinds of new items ready for Art on the Prairie this weekend, they just didn't happen. 

I did have new earrings and a few necklaces, but I still feel like I have gaping holes in my inventory.  Still I'm making the best of it.  The Prairie takes place in several downtown buildings in Perry, many of them historic and just beautiful.  My venue space is the Carnegie Library.  This building is just gorgeous both inside and out.  Built in 1904, very classical lines and it's been restored to approximately to 1910.  We are in a room just off the bathrooms and share space with a young artist named Mallory.   She's a student and this is her first show, so it's really fun to share space with an up and comer.

There are a ton of fabulous artists at this show, including one of my long time favorites, Julie McCullough.
She has been making lovely fiber dolls forever, but the last couple of years she's been combining her dolls with found objects / junk.  I just love where her art is going, it really speaks to me.  Someday I will buy something from her, it's just not going to be this year. 

Jerry and I will be back tomorrow in the same place, 10-4pm.  Be sure to drop by if you are in the area.


Gear from 1882 clock, dragonflies and crystals.

No comments: