Saturday, January 25, 2014

The key to ????

Group shot of the key necklaces
 I love old keys, and my stash is finally large enough to share some!

Keys are so iconic, and they can mean so many things to so many people.  And some of the older keys are little mini works of art all on their own.


I wanted to make a series of necklaces that are simple in design ( which admittedly helps keep the costs down) and fun to wear.  Most of these keys have just 1 crystal added for a touch of bling.  I made the necklaces longer -- most are around 26 inches.  Of course I am always happy to change out the size of a necklace.  Some of these keys are from the vintage lot Jerry and I picked up a few weeks ago, and then I through in a couple of really old skeleton keys and clock keys.  No 2 keys are alike, because that would be boring!  I actually want to make more of them, but I want to see how well these go over first... still, I kept a few keys out to play with, to make something more elaborate later.  It's good to have a big stash!!

I love the shape of this really old clock key! it's like a battle axe for Barbie!

No comments: