Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bracelets....

Wow, the last 2 weekends have been such a rush! I had a show in Davenport 9-10th, and then this weekend, I had my first Farmer's Market (16th) and Valley Junction Spring Art Market (17th). The weather could have been better this weekend, but desperate the chill, wind and the occasional shower, everyone who trooped to the shows were in excellent spirits! I have a 2 week break then June starts, and I have a show ( or 2) every weekend in June... I can't wait!




Here are a few bracelets I've made recently, the red and black are in herringbone and brick stitch, made with Japanese seed beads. The pearl bracelets are in modified RAW or right angle weave, using 3 beads instead of 4. I've heard this called tri-weaving but I'm not sure I like that name... whatever you call the stitch, it sure works up nice with pearls and seed beads! The bottom pearl bracelet was made with seed bead drops, which gives it extra texture. thanks for looking!



No comments: