Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ramblings - Black Market wrapup & Christmas Gift ideas

First I want to think everyone involved with Market Day - Black Friday . Cat, Scott, all the other vendors, and the customers... it truly was a fun and exiting way to spend Black Friday, way better than fighting the crowds at the mall. Market Day just keeps getting better and better, and I for one am extremely grateful I get to be a part of the growing Indie art market scene in Des Moines!

I for one want to keep that spirit alive this Christmas season... So I've been messing around ArtFire and Etsy looking for gifts to give, gifts I want and just good gift suggestions for the people in your life.

On Artfire I found this incredibly cute Ipod pouch on artfire, from a seller ArtfulBeginnings . They are hand made with hand dyed silk, the design is gorgeous and she offers these in several different colors. I bet if you contacted her, she could make one specifically for you in your favorite colors! I love the color blocking. It's a good price, and there isn't a woman alive who wouldn't enjoy one of these pouches. And the silk is recycled from other items, so it's a green gift to boot! So check out ArtfulBeginnings on Artfire!

No comments: