Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Getting ready for the other side of the table at a flea market....

I'm actually getting excited about doing the flea market.. only this time I'm going to be the seller, not the buyer!

OK, knowing Jerry and I, we will end up buying a sewing machine or typewriter or broken up jewelry or something, it's unavoidable.

I will bring at least a few pieces of jewelry, just to see but honestly I'm focusing on destashing as much as anything.

While my etsy shop is going strong, some things are problematic selling online.  I put books in this category.

I adore books, and I'm keeping shelves full, but even I can find some jewelry making books that are not necessary anymore.

Don't get me wrong, they are great books, but how many Japanese crystal books do I need when I don't make stuff like that?  How many delica seed bead book patterns when I don't really use delica's anymore? (Actually, I ought to sell the delicas, but I can't quite bring myself to do that.. yet.  There is something about looking at 200 odd colors that I just can't give up)

So the reason we decided to do the flea market was to get rid of the books without the messy mailing them out bits.

I'm also trying to sort through a couple largish piles of old jewelry/components that hadn't made it up on etsy yet. I figure what doesn't sell I'll get up eventually.

that didn't fill up much space, and I've got a half booth to fill.  So I've been looking at some of the mechanical stuff that's too big or messy to make jewelry with.. maybe I'll make some steampunker's day. 

The other half of the booth features homemade soap made by my very good Neighbor Susie : Close Creak Creations.  She makes by hand all kinds of interesting types and scents of  soaps, lotions, lip balms and face scrubs.  I never knew this before chatting with Susie but soap making is very involved, and some of the soaps have to "cure" for a month!

She's going to have lemongrass and lilac for this weekend, among other yummy scents.  Be sure to check out her facebook link above for more info.
part of my key to time series, involving vintage keys, watch parts.




No comments: