Wednesday, February 18, 2015

non-Random Thoughts on a fine Wednesday Morning

I took today off , blowing another vacation day at work.  I have cause this time... over the weekend our dryer died.  The washer meanwhile, has wanted to die for over a year.  It's one of those attention seeking hogs .... after you start it, you have to go down every 5 minutes or so and thump it or kick it because it just stops running.  It's seriously annoying to have to pay court to one's washing machine.


So the dryer giving it up seemed the signal needed to get a different pair.. so today I wait for the valiant and steward appliance guys to come and remove the offending varlets and replace them with new quiet, energy efficient models. 

I can only hope they show up as soon as possible, so it's done and I can cross it off my mental list... and then get in comfy jammies and maybe do something Kat-useful for the day.  Sure I could finish cleaning the house.  That notion is rightttt up there.... or

I could start packing jewelry supplies for my annual stay at the Littleton Bead and Spa in Balmy South Dakota with my best buddies Sue & Cathie.  That starts on Tuesday next week BTW, so I don't know how much blogging I'll be doing next week.  I look forward to this trip every year, it's my girls weekend -- it's one of the hi-lights of my every year.  I stay with Cathie in her lovely and well appointed ( and cleaner than mine, though that's not really such a feat is it? ) home and I  feel like I get treated like royalty... it really is like staying at a spa!   Cathie and Sue are jewelry artists as well, so we honestly hang out in her workroom area and make jewelry most of the time.  

I always pack a bunch of projects, and then half of my studio to take with me.  We always get a bunch done, but honestly it's the whole girl power, girl bonding, sleepover experience that makes it so wonderful.  

I need to work on my Build-A-Line challenge... our second rounds of blogs is this Friday.   I got somewhat lost on it, but I think I'm back on track... today I hope to get pictures taken and maybe even get that blog written up and ready to go for Friday.

There is a part of me that just wants to curl up with a good book.

I'm still sorting through a couple of large pocket watch/watch buys, and cackling evilly when ever I get around to playing with all that new stuff.  Jerry needs to get cracking on taking stuff apart and de-pinning cogs/gears.  

I still feel like I'm low on cogs/gears from clocks in the 1/2 inch to 1-inch size.  I really need to get a hold of my clock source and get another round.  

So that's my Wednesday. 
My new and improved Sock Monkeys in Paris!  I find a new finding to make the Eiffel tower .. what do you think?


 


 

No comments: