Tuesday, November 1, 2016

7 day jewelry challenge -- day's 1 and 2

I've been nominated for the 7 day jewelry challenge by Lyn Joy Reeve.  Thanks Lyn!  It's a facebook challenge on one of the groups I belong to, and I thought it might be fun to share.  The idea is to share for 1 week a piece a day that is important to you in some fashion that you have made.  My first day was yesterday, so this post is a catch up.  


Day 1 : This is one of my signature Mechanical Romance pieces, even before I had a name for my steampunk like line. I use an old key and then mostly tim holtz pieces, and a vintaj black hinge piece. I've been making versions of this for 4 years now, and each one ( I think) turns out so very different in character due to the different keys I've used. I sometimes add little bits dangling off as well. It's still a strong design and I still make them.  Most importantly, I still have fun making them.  If I can't have some fun, what's the point?




Day 2: I love Octy! This is one of my titled pieces, the official name is "Defender of the Sea".  I wrote a blog already on this guy, you can see that here.  He's currently for sale at Five Monkeys, a fab gallery here in Des Moines and I have no doubt he's gonna go to a good home soon.  But he's one of the pieces I have made that if he never sold,, I won't be sad, I'll be wearing him!  He more representative of what I Love to do... make one of a kind statement pieces!   Vintage chain, American stampings, clock parts, and part of a speedometer (the wings)

No comments: