Friday, July 20, 2018

Tis the season of necklaces

I cannot keep fairy/angels in stock.. they sell as soon as I make them
 I've been making jewelry for over 20 years now, and I've been doing art shows for 16+ years, and after awhile, you start to notice trends. 

Earrings are always popular, but long or short goes in cycles.  Some years bracelets are the top seller, and some years everyone seems to want necklaces.

Again, this is a TREND... which means while I'm selling more necklaces this year than last, I'm still selling anklets and bracelets.. just not as many.  But I'm selling necklaces like hotcakes.

I'm good with this, as making necklaces is probably my favorite type of jewelry to make.  My necklaces tend to be one of a kind, even when I set out to make something over --it's not going to be the same.  One of the reasons I adore playing with vintage goodies... it keeps it fresh, interesting, and I rarely make 2 things alike!

So I'm a happy camper.  This weekend I'm gonna catch up on chainmaile needs and then I'm gonna focus on more necklaces.  I have a week before Farmer's Market, so this is the time to play!

Happy weekend guys!
3 necklaces I made up recently using clock parts, watch parts and recycled jewelry parts.  All three are gone.

No comments: