Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I hate hate hate being sick.....

which is what I've been the last several days. Some sort of mutant cold/chest thingie. I hate when it goes to my chest. I have Asthma and a life-long history of respiratory problems, so whenever a cold goes chestward, I get scared. But several days of extra rest and drugs and today I actually start to feel human again. Today I actually feel like going up to the studio and doing something besides coughing, wheezing and staring at the walls! I don't want to push it, so I set up a load in the kiln. This is a frit mold, ready to go. The purple stuff is kiln wash, which keeps the glass from sticking to the mold. When these are done, I'll take a picture so you can see what it looks like. So far the molds are just the first cycle in the kiln. I often end up with little sharp bits, which I break off or grind off, and then I do other run in the kiln to smooth these out. Sometimes the cab doesn't look quite right to me, and then I'll add something and run through the kiln again. This is why glass is sooo much fun.. the possibilities are endless! Most of the cabs I make end up in the kiln at least 2 times.. I think the most I've done is 4.

I'm doing some wire rings today, and maybe pins. Little Bit (aka the 13 year old daughter) gets home early today for spring break, so we have plans to be lazy and watch a movie together. Life is good, if not completely cough free yet!

No comments: