Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Random moments in my life...

Life is a series of random moments no? Here is Kya, sitting in one of my studio chairs last week, for once not in constant movement. Look at her beautiful beautiful orange eyes!!!

Here is a big pile of jewelry from a month or so ago.. we had another show that rained on us. So I spread all the jewelry out on paper towels to make sure nothing was damaged. Nothing was, most if it wasn't even wet, but it looks kind of kewl spread all over my studio floor.

This weekend Jerry was sweeping the leaves off the steps and found a friend. Isn't he/she/it cute?? He actually brought it up the studio to show me so I had to take a picture. Don't worry, he released it in the back yard away from where he was working. The cats are still miffed at him.

Now that most of my shows are done for the year, I can take a deep breath and appreciate these random moments more than when I'm going 60 miles an hour getting ready for shows. I even took time to really clean my studio and reorganize somewhat. Here is a pic of my counter top that is directly over the stairwell of my studio. The print is new, a birthday present from my beloved Jerry, and the plaque is a birthday gift from my bestest buddies, Sue and Cathie. Throw in some of my favorite Nightmare Before Christmas toys and my mirror, and it's a happy little display again.
Now that most of my shows are done for the year, I can take a deep breath and appreciate these random moments more than when I'm going 60 miles an hour getting ready for shows. Not that I don't still have a few shows; this weekend is Market Day . We get to wear costumes, woot! So if you are in Des Moines this Saturday (9-2pm) be sure to stop by Market Day and experience a moment or two.. random or not.

No comments: