Saturday, March 19, 2016

clock, camera and watch earrings

I love that these earrings incorporate materials from a clock , a 1930's 8mm film camera and watch parts.  I used Niobium ear wires because I thought the black looked the best.. it matches the gunmetal camera disks thingies.

This weekend I'm in the studio, mostly cleaning and organizing my travel supplies.  When we do shows I always take a stash of materials with me, so I can alter sizes or even create new pieces if I have time.  I am also working on another batch of leather cuffs and I'm having a great time planning these out.

I'm completely reworking my selection of chain to travel, I'm hoping to add more but I don't have the space to go completely nuts.

I carry a plano box of mixed beads, cabs and rock pendants.. I think that's going to go entirely because that was mostly for wire-wrapping.. which I'm just not doing so much anymore.  I'm going to add more clock and watch vintage parts in the travel stash, and keys and such... but I'm still going to carry my emergency crystal stash... you never know when you might need a crystal or 2!!

I'm going to cut down on the sterling supplies and increase the base metal copper, antique brass, etc instead.  and carry more copper/brass/bronze and black wire.

I haven't had time in the last several years to really modify my bag, I've just added in extra stuff to the point it's so heavy I worry about my husband lifting it, let alone myself.  My style has changed significantly in the last 3 years, it's time to really acknowledge that in what I carry around. So hopefully I'll get it to a more manageable weight while really concentrating on the items I need to carry to successfully adjust sizes and swap out chains when needed.


No comments: