Thursday, March 10, 2016

Leather cuffs for 2016

while I make some of the leather cuffs for my jewelry, some I use pre-made blanks... high quality leather.... 
 Last year I started to experiment with leather cuffs, and I'm continuing them, because they are popular.. or maybe its the eye appeal of the metal tags from old mechanicals.  This batch is a mix of sewing machine tags, toy tag, battery charger and of all things the timer from a insurance company. (maybe for a safe?? no idea.. we bought the timer all beat up and really the only thing usable on it was the tag)
really nice and secure snaps on these babies! they cost more but the quality is really outstanding.  I just wish I could get these in more colors... but for tag bracelets the black leather works nicely.

See the last pic for where little tattler comes from.... 
One thing I really like about these black leather cuffs are men like them too.  For the most part I make jewelry with the intent that woman will wear them, not because I'm against making men's jewelry but it just hasn't been my aesthetic up to now.  But with my Mechanical Romance line, several pieces I've made appealed to people of either sex.. and that's just fab!!   So I've been thinking about it more, jewelry made for either sex.

Would you believe this is a 1920's toy??? it's better made than any headset I've ever had..... 

No comments: