Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lady of the Lake is done!



I finally got this finished last weekend, I built this necklace around the brass lady sitting in the classic "thinker" pose. I bought this brass component from B'Sue ; the flowers, spacers, bead caps and some of the chain are Vintaj Natural Brass.

This necklace is part of my new line of jewelry: Era Echoes. I'll have more to say about this in an upcoming post, but I'm super excited about making jewelry with vintage feel and modern flair.

I made this necklace so it can be worn either more or less symmetrical or asymmetrical. By this I mean that the Lady can be worn facing the "lake" or sitting just on top of it. I prefer the more asymmetrical version, where she is glazing into the depths of the lake. I wonder what thoughts she ponders as she watches the shimmer and ripples crossing the lake!

Another feature is you can twist up the beaded strands as much or as little as you want.
Matching earrings! sorry the pic got dark!

1 comment:

Beetique said...

She's just beeutiful! Love the pretty blue beads also! Deb