Monday, April 4, 2011

What's on the Desk 04/04/2011

OK it's hard to believe from these pictures, but eventually this 24 GA sterling sheet will be 2 different bracelets. Both pieces of metal are approximately 2-1/2th by 3-1/2 inches (8.75 inches square)
In this 2nd picture I've textured the metals using different hammers. Remember my thing with hammers?

I'm trying something different this time. Usually I cut out the metal and this texture it. Since my handy dandy disc cutter cuts so darn smooth, why not texture first, then cut? I might save some time in the clean up stages.

So I'm testing this theory.

I want to make bracelets using slightly domed discs. I'm making the discs 20mm, which is just around 3/4th inches wide. I'm not sure how many discs I'll need to make a bracelet, as I'm not sure how I'm attaching them to each other. That's one reason I'm making 2 bracelets, gives me more options for play! I'm also planning on making my own toggle clasps on both of these bracelets, and it will probably have some pearls and crystals involved somewhere.

If I'm careful with placement on the sheets I should get 10 + discs off each sheet, which should be plenty for the bracelet and a pair of matching earrings.

More to come!

No comments: