Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Hop... what I got from Maria!

can you believe it, this is the "spare" or extra!
the whole kit and caboodle - 2 pendants, crystals and lovely pewter (?) clasp
 O my stars and garters! I was secretly hoping Maria my blog partner would send me one of her exquisite butterfly pendants she hand solders, but really getting one is beyond kewl!!   So she sent me 2!!!! I got a spare!!!! wooo wooo!

It must be some serious work to carefully preserve butterfly wings (yes, they are real wings) between glass and then solder... they are so fragile in real life you know?  One wrong move and you have butterfly wing fragments, which can't be as pretty as the whole thing.

The wings are hard to photograph properly... you loose alot of the color ( deep blues and purples on one side) and the iridescence of the wings.  I wonder what type of butterfly she sent? what ever they are they are gorgeous!!  

She also sent me matching crystals and a lovely toggle ..... I have a few ideas floating around my head, and I'm hoping I will get a chance to work something up this weekend, or at least play with a couple of the ideas in my head... but you won't get to see it until the reveal day, when all the participants will publish a blog showing the creations.  Reveal day is March 30th, so if my first couple of ideas do not work like I think they will.. I can try try try again, at least until March 29th!

My girls weekend went smashingly!!! I'll be posting some blogs soon sharing some of the fun stuff we made -- and when I came home I had my first show acceptance in the mail! woot! the Summer is starting to come together!!


The main pendant , from one side.......

and the other.  Incredible! mother nature is the best of artists!

4 comments:

Maria Rosa Sharrow said...

I am so glad you like the pendants! They are so much fun to work with and To make.The wings themselves are like mini works of art. Even strung on a simple chain. I have seen what you can do so I am sure your end result will be gorgeous!

Oh I adore your creations from your trip very interesting assembledge Work.Love the Patina and metal combos. I don't know how you find the time to do such involved work, blog regularly, maintain a household and a job. Your time management is amazing! , You are a motivational inspiration to me.

I hope you have fun with the soup.

Cheers,
Maria Rosa

Kokopelli said...

Such a beautiful soup! First I was worried about them being real butterfly wings, but it seems it's ok how Maria gets them.

Shai Williams said...

It's Maria the best partner! She sent me one of her butterfly wings when she was my partner last time. I wear it quite a bit as I just love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your
website, how could i subscribe for a weblog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided
brilliant clear idea

My website radio sender