Saturday, February 2, 2013

the graveyard of small, dead appliances

ready to be made useful again: sewing machine, 4 typewriters and a old phone

cleaning in process.  these are from a old cash register
I'm really not complaining, we are having so much fun ripping this stuff apart... but it would be nice to get the living room back.  Do typewriters count as a appliance? I really don't know, but what else would you call them? I can't really think of anything better.......

For the most part, I'm only taking apart things that don't work ( or work well) .  One of the typewriters we recently acquired however is much nicer, and it works, and it's PRETTY.  Neither Jerry or I have the heart to cut it up... so it might need to find a good home soon.  Before we give in and see what's on the inside...

It's so pretty! It's a portable royal typewriter in sort of a 2-tone olive green, my best guess is 1932-34 based on the spotty info online of serial #'s but it's def early 1930's

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I know what you mean about the typewriter. I was gifted a very old one and was originally very keen to remove the keys for jewellery ... Just couldn't do it...it is quite a novel talking piece in my home now! Hope you find a home for yours... such an unusual colour!
jenni

Kat BM said...

thanks jenni! we actually sold/traded it at an upscale antique place for alittle cash and a typewriter from the 1920's that didn't work and will be a joy to rip up!