Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The typewriter is still giving me gifts and flea market finds

Yet another wonderful pair of earrings from typewriter parts.

My haul from the flea market this weekend.  check out the vintage tin boxes on the left side, and the large bag of filigree beads in the back. 
I got a screaming good deal on brass fixtures, some of them used some not.  some of these look really old... and have gorgeous patina!
 I got to spend exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes Saturday at the flea Market.  Despite the short amount of time ( and I only got about 1/3rd of the way through it!!) I found some great stuff!  My favorite is a baggie of drawer pulls, drawer hardware/fixtures in brass.  It's alittle fuzzy in the picture, but the rectangle key-hole in the front is really old, and it's just wonderful and it talks to me and it is sooooo gonna be jewelry, hopefully soon!!   I also hit a vendor that had bought out a jewelry maker, and scored some pretty good deals on old stock filigree beads and findings.  I also picked up a few older tiny tin boxes --- I think my mini tin box collection is now finally big enough I'll make something with them.  I have a couple of ideas kicking around in my head.

Now why, you ask, did I only have 1 hour and 15 minutes at the flea market? Well, I had to take my hubby to work, and visit the family, and run errands and and and ... heck , you know.  the normal crazy stuff you catch up on the weekends.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend coming up.. I don't have anything really on the slate.. I'm hoping to get a decent chuck of time in the studio.  I need to work on my bead Soup blog hop piece .... and I've got so many great things to play with...

Keeping fingers crossed that this weekend is not so crazy!

No comments: