Monday, June 19, 2017

Amazing Homemade Chicken Alfredo

I love Pinterest!   Not only is it a great tool for sharing my art, getting inspired and learning techniques, but it has amazing food on it!  I Love chicken Alfredo, and I pulled a great recipe for it off Pinterest a while back.  it's not hard to make, just takes some time to do it right.  I also gave great care on how I prepared the chicken for it... I made the crust using Parmesan cheese.   It was yummy!   If you are interested in the Alfredo sauce recipe it's right here    note: I didn't add any salt as requested and I think it turned out perfect.  Course I use salted butter,  

Tonight I'm just gonna have tuna and crackers, I don't have the time I would need to make Chicken Alfredo today.

To make the chicken, I use the Parmesan cheese you get in a jar  -- you know dried and grated finely.  I use zip lock bags to do the "shake and bake trick" .  I clean the chicken, pat dry, then dip in raw eggs with 1/4 teaspoon pepper mixed in.  Then I put them in a bag with flour, and shake til coated.  I dip them in eggs again, then put them in a bag with the Parmesan cheese and shake.  I cook them in half olive oil and half butter.  If you buy the tenders ( or cut down the breasts) they only take 5-6 minutes to cook.

Soooo yum!  Just cook your favorite noodles and then toss it all together, add a dash extra cheese on top, and there you go... a fantastic homemade tasty diner.  For the health nuts out there, just add a salad to make you feel better about eating pure sin in a bowl.



No comments: