Thursday, August 27, 2009

I finally got it done!!!!!!!

I've been working on this pendant off and on (OK more off) for months!!! So I'm very pleased it's done.. and I'm mostly pleased with how it turn out. I've done just a few sterling bezel settings to date, all very basic. For this project I wanted more of a challenge and do more decoration. I have this pile of bits and leftovers of silver, including "malfunctioning" clasps pieces. The top of the angel is actually the circle part of a toggle clasp that the bar broke on... I soldered it on top of the bezel to make sort of a face area. The body is blue dyed Paula shell (yummy!) and the "face" is a vintage stone from my hoard. The Wings are actually feathers but they make great wings! They are soldered on also. The bail is my signature spiral bail.

This is going to be one of those pieces that I won't be sad if it never sales.. I want to keep it!

No comments: