Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fake it til you make it

I started this months ago!! It's one of my fused glass cabs wrapped in Vintaj filigree. I got this far then stopped.. because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.

I am still not sure, but I've added chain and crystals and it will do for now.. if I get a better idea I'll just pull it apart and redo it.

That's one the the aspects of making jewelry that so appeals to me. I always try to make things that I'm proud of, but sometimes I have a hard time feeling "proud" of anything in my life. Everything I make (or do) looks crappy to my eyes, and everything just feels wrong. I become frozen in place, afraid of any move I make cause nothing I do will be right anyway.

So sometimes you just have to make it, and trust in your abilities and good taste, even if you aren't feeling it right then. Cause if you decide ( when you are feeling saner!!) that you can do it better, well, then you can do it better.

Sometimes you just have to put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you are going, because moving is better than not moving.

No comments: