Saturday, January 7, 2012

Random Thoughs & Flea Market Finds


I just signed up for the Bead Soup Blog Party and I hope I get in!

Went to the flea market today at the Des Moines Fair Grounds. I found a couple of worthy things:


Yummy Crystals!

close up, old chandelier part. it's 2-3/4 inches long, and it sparkles like crazy! I only spend a $1.00 on it, and I'm wishing she had more this size. (well she had one other but it wasn't in good shape) The rest were way too big.

The necklace is vintage crystals in volcano, rose, and medium vitriol. I will be taking this apart for, well, parts! ( there are cool brass frames around the crystals)

I didn't make resolutions this year, either personally or for my business. However, in the current economic climate, I think it's important to be open to new opportunities. With that in mind, when I got invited to a unique selling venue I jumped at it.

The show starts this Thursday and runs through Sunday night. I don't believe the venue is open to the public, but it's at the old vet's building during a gymnastics competition.

Since there will be hundreds of little girls there I've been busy making thing specifically for kids, at friendly kid pricing. I'll be featuring my normal line of yummy jewelry as well of course.

Since the show involves long hours and possible down times during active events, I'm planning on taking lots of stuff to play with... chainmaile, brass bits, wire etc.

If nothing else I'll get lots of inventory made for Spring shows!!

And I'm looking forward to the positive energy that several hundred bright, smart and active girls will generate -!

My family and I will be taking a 7 day cruise this summer! can't wait!!!!! Since this will probably be the last big family trip while little bit is a kid ( she's 15 now!!!) I want it to be extra special.. we booked a suite on the boat. I know that makes it more expensive but I figure you have to live once in a while. That means the room its much bigger, and we get a private balcony.

I'm also trying to get another week off of work, either before the cruise or after, and if I can, we spend a few days in New Orleans, and maybe hit St. Louis for a day or 2. I'm not planning that part of the trip in case I can't get the time off. Keep your fingers crossed!!

I've found another romance writer that I'm nutty about .. Barbara Metzger. So far I've only read 4 of her books, but I've liked them all, especially Father Christmas and Christmas Wishes. I laughed out loud so much reading these 2 books I got Jerry interested (until he figured out I was reading my romances again) Wishes especially is a hoot and holler. If you like Georgette (Heyer) you will like Barbara!