Monday, January 9, 2012

Grand Tour : Rhinestones

I'm taking a grand tour of my jewelry making stash, box by box. Some of the adventures I 'll be sharing here on my blog

I love these images... someone took old paintings, added new backgrounds and cat kids to make new art, which I purchased for resin projects.

I've used them a few times, but lurking back in my heart was the idea of medieval miniatures or cameos using these images.



So when I saw these bezels on Etsy, I had to have them. They have that delightful old world feel with the swoops and details. they require rhinestones, so fortunately I have a stash of them, vintage and otherwise.

I really want these to feel old, not just look good, so before I applied the glass bubble top, I added a couple of layers of mica to give it that sepia tone. I also crinkled up one of the layers, to complete the more "aged" look to the "painting"

It's hard to capture by my camera, but you get some idea of the finished product here.. it really does look like a old painted portrait of a grand feline lady!

I haven't decided yet if I"m making these into necklaces or if I'll leave them as pendants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way cool !