Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm in the mood for melting glass......

Here is a completed fused glass pendant. It's currently at the gallery that opened this week... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Des-Moines-IA/Central-IA-Artist-Coop-Gallery/135304149086 . I'm so pleased to be one of the artist featured at this great new Gallery in Des Moines! If you are in the Des Moines Area, be sure to stop by.. Tell them Kat sent you!!
I received a shipment of new glass on Sat, so today I'm happily melting glass gobs into hopefully wonderful cabs to wirewrap!!! I bought very specific colors this time, as I wanted to make something very specific. Up to now I've just been experimenting with colors and dichroic effects. Great fun, and I'll keep doing that.. I love the abstract colors and sparkle that creates. But Halloween is almost upon us, and I wanted to make something on theme! I will give you a hint: what's yellow, orange and white? See the next post for the answer and hopefully pictures!

No comments: