Sunday, January 2, 2011

One last picture from 2010

I just had to share this. I had a couple of left over photos of jewelry pieces in my "do a blog about" folder for 2010. I'm cleaning them out tonight, but just had to share this last one. This started out life as a tear drop filigree bead from Vintaj Natural Brass. It's sold, but it's such a good idea I want to make more of them! The filigree beads are "open" so you can carefully pry them apart, and then I folded the horizontal bars and the top vertical just a tad to make the traditional cross shape. Had to add a vintage crystal of course.

I think these would make nice gifts, maybe do them with birthstone colors? Or pearls.. you can't go wrong with pearls. Maybe add a circle id pendant in back, with someone's name. Wouldn't that make a wonderful present for a loved one?

I wonder if I can find smaller versions of the beads to make matching earrings.......

Something to think about!

Tomorrow I start my Artfire Studio plan of listing every week. Hopefully by the time show season starts in May, I will have 150 or more items listed. It's going to be so nice when folks ask me if I sell from my website I can give a straight forward yes! instead of the normal I just don't have time to keep up online explanation.

I hope everyone had a good New Year!!

No comments: