Thursday, September 1, 2011

Puttering around the studio.....

You know some days I just don't feel like making jewelry, or doing anything much. There is alot to be said about puttering. I've long been fond of puttering around the studio, but still, I don't like to waste my time either, as I have so little of it, to putter or otherwise.

So I always try to get *something* down even on a putter day. Something about that good German work ethic, darn it.

This past weekend I puttered quite abit. I also did some chores around the office that I've needed to do for some time. One of these is fix my colander.

I love my colander, it was a stocking stuffer from "Santa" this year. (Santa = hubby) The edge of the netting pulled away from the rim a couple of weeks ago, so I used some brass wire and sewed it up. I am pretty sure it will hold. I love how close the netting is on this one, it's darn helpful to clean small items that you don't want to go down the drain!


1 comment:

3 Peeps Designs said...

What a great idea to use a colander to wash small things... usually I just plug up the sink and hope I don't lose anything. But this would help with the drying as well. And I never would have thought of stitching it up the side to fix but it makes perfect sense.