Monday, November 19, 2012

thoughts: not really random.... but definitely rambling.

My hubby is going back to school in January.  I know I've talked about this before, but I'm still absorbing the changes our family ( and finances ) will be going through for the next couple of years.

My Daughter is 16... so both of them be in College at the same time for at least a year.  (or at least I hope the daughter is going to college!!)

My mind boggles.

I keep going back and forth on how to handle shows next year.  On the one hand, we need the income more than ever... on the other, Jerry will be juggling school, at least a part-time job, and possibly a full time job during the summer.  So not only will he be less flexible on helping with shows, we have no idea what his schedule looks like.  We have no idea what job he will have.. and if I book a lot of shows it might hurt his ability to hold a job during the summer...

So while I'm thinking we need to load it on for shows, another part of me is I need to hold back and do fewer shows to keep the schedule from overload.

I don't mind the changes on the horizon as much as the uncertainty. I really don't care for the uncertainty.  I'm a planner, and right now I don't feel like I have enough information to even formulate plans.  I like to make smart decisions and I don't have the info I need to make them. I am finding it hard to even make certain decisions without more info.  But the time to book shows is now... I've already applied to one show, and by the end of the month I'll probably have 2-3 more apps out, depending on how we end up playing next year.


Have you ever noticed that people that "want" to be considered spontaneous ----really hate surprises?? 

Have you ever noticed that spontaneity is valued more than planning?   Just why is that?? I mean both are good .... planning helps smooth the bumps of life, and a little spontaneity is the spice of life.  I get serious ribbing from family and friends for my planning.  Jerry calls it "scheming"  he says I'm not happy unless I'm scheming.. I've been called anal by other loved ones.  (Jerry is probably right.. I seem to run 2 or 3 commentary tracks in my head concerning what happens next and contingency plans)

I've already done Christmas shopping, such as we are doing it this year .  ( very very limited)

I will probably have the gifts wrapped in a week or so, as I get the rest of them in the mail.

I only have 1 show left , on Dec 1st.

newest version of my leaf bracelet
I'm already going into planning mode for inventory... deciding what needs to be the priority and what techniques I want to play with more or learn during my winter break.


It's just the way I'm made... Whatever is going on around me, my brain in 2 weeks out already.

Tomorrow we met the college folks and Jerry gets his schedule for next year.  That will be at least additional info to plug into my scheming brain.





No comments: