Friday, March 22, 2013

I hate spam... and other random thoughts.

brass bracelet with flower tube rivets. 
I'm sooooooo tired of spam.  Everytime I log into blogger and check for comments, I have several.. and most of them are spam.  They are getting sneaky too.  The auto-spam bots now seem to "search" for key words, and the the comment will almost sound like a real person... until of course they get to the end and try to promote their website.  Which Blogger strips out of the comments anyway, so really what's the point?  Since it's left anonymously  even if I wanted to figure out the website they are promoting I couldn't.

Jerry and Jesscera laugh at me when I log into blogger... I do my little chant: "I hope it's not spam, I hope it's not spam, I hope it's not spam..."  and then my hopes are dashed on the rocky hills of auto-bots.  It's annoying... it wastes my time but the worst part is the disappointment that no one is commenting except my apparently legion of fans in the robot community.

sigh.

On a much brighter note, I got my farmer's Market acceptance and got 6 whole dates.. yeah!  And I love the spread of the dates, I got one for each month and 2 in August.   I love having the extra one in August, that's usually a hard month for me to find enough shows to do.  Here are my dates: May 11th, June 15th, July 13th, August 10th & 24th, and Sept 14th!  I have a couple more shows to hear from in the next week or so... and then I'll get my website updated.  I need to start getting out the 2nd round of apps now that I know my market schedule.

Tomorrow is Rings & Things trade show in Des Moines  at 4800 Merle Hay Rd at the holiday Inn.  So I'm going to drive my hubby into work so I have the car, I might have to look for some other stuff when I'm out and about.  Last weekend Jerry and I hit a couple of antique and flea market places and scored 2 more typewriters, 2 more adding machines,  2 cameras ( one is the really old box kind! ) and 2 sewing machines among a few other odds and ends.  Gosh we sound like the ark of lost appliances here... 2 by 2!   We didn't get to hit our favorite place  because it was after hours... so maybe I'll wonder out there.  I might stop over to Valley Junction.. I haven't hunted there is some time.  Then again, without Jerry it won't be as much fun... and if I found another typewriter, who will carry it for me?????

My Mom's Birthday is Sunday.  Happy Birthday Ma!

This weekend in an effort to get my butt in gear I've got a goal of 15 inventory items for this weekend.  I plan to focus on earrings using my industrial bits from said appliances.  Mostly.. I have a couple of earrings lurking in my brain that have nothing to do with typewriters...

So I"m washing more loads of salvaged parts this weekend.

I think I over did this last batch.  There was this really kewl piece in it.. it had the lovely grungy look, but had some oil and ink on it.  I "forgot" the batch in the tumbler.. so now it's still very nice but almost too clean looking.  Maybe Swellegent can grunge it up without making it dirty.

There really is a fine line between icky-dirty and lovely-grungy.

Jerry took in that half finished piece of jewelry to the hardware store and the guys didn't bat an eye.  The only comment was that the screw was odd ( as in 7mm) and most are evens ( like 6mm).  They found him nuts that fit  in less than a minute.

Love those guys.







3 comments:

Phyllis Y. said...

I feel your pain, Kat, both on lack of comments and on unwanted ones. Have the same complaints about the blog I administer and sometimes write for. I use Wordpress, and the filter is really good. But it would be nice to see a real comment more frequently (especially about my own postings, tee hee!). But I love all your new work! Interesting to see how your style is evolving.

Unknown said...

I've had lots of spam too. It goes with the territory I guess.

I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

Shai Williams said...

I had better knock on wood as I just don't get that much spam. Good luck at your shows.