Thursday, August 7, 2014

The clock from the garage sale

inside the clock.  look how huge the movement is !!

on 6/14/36 a clock maker did something to this clock...

The front with the face... wouldn't this make a yummy picture frame?

resting on my hammer is a bracelet using one of the gears from the clock!
Soooo.. last weekend at the garage sale on highway 141 we
bought this older mantle clock for $5.00.



I'm not sure how old it is.  I couldn't find solid dependable
info on this brand, but it has a maker's mark dated 1936.
Whenever a clock or watch was fixed or cleaned by a clock
maker, they always dated it.  so the wooden shell of the
clock is at least from 1936.

However, the movement looks newer.. and it has no
patient marks, which would likely be there it if was
older.

so i can't judge how how it is.

But I adore it!

I am keeping the wooden shell, it's in pretty good shape.

I'm either making it a picture frame or maybe a shadowbox or something

I begged Jerry to rip apart the movement and I've used one
of the gears already in this lovely bracelet...

I'll have it out this weekend at Riverloop fest in Waterloo
so if you are in the area, stop by and see it in person!

No comments: