Friday, December 12, 2014

Further adventures in iPad

 Back in April I got a iPad, and I love it. My only issue is writing anything over a sentence is kind of a pain.

Actually this is the main complaint I've had of laptops. All the laptops I've ever typed on sucked. The keyboard is often to small or the keys are arranged strangely. They have that little touch area for a "mouse" which I absolutely loath. Even when the key board is full sized I hate it.. it's attached to the screen so I can't move the keyboard around like you can with a desk top. ( I end up typing with my keyboard slightly angled.. impossible to do with a normal laptop) And laptop keyboards are apparently designed for people with really long fingers... I end up with my wrists sitting on the edge of the laptop and it's deuce uncomfortable!!

On a proper keyboard, I"m a fast typer.

I sort of hunt and peck on a laptop... ugh. takes forever if I"m typing more than a quickie Facebook update!

Anyway, I've been using iPad for blog entries and Etsy listings and other business applications and while the little pop up typing screen is better than any other I've had, it's still slow and awkward for me.

So I did the research -- and found a full size keyboard that plugs into the iPad. It was really important that the keyboard wasn't wireless... since my Internet connection can be spotty. (let's not go there)

I didn't want to spend a bunch of money either... I finally settled on the Belkin wired key board. It cost around $50 and so far I am in love!! I typed this on it, took me maybe 15 minutes. Writing this much on the IPad alone would take me.. well I don't want to think about it.. it would take a long time!!

I also loaded up a word processor app, now that I can actually write.

I love that I have arrow keys.. sometimes trying to go "backward" on the touch screen is tough, now I can just arrow up and down if I have problems finding the exact fact I want my cursor. I even have hot keys !! ( imagine little smoothie noises.. I love love love me hot key shortcuts! )

When I don't want the keyboard in the way, I just unplug it and I'm all set for norming iPad fun.

I count this keyboard as my Christmas gift to my business.




No comments: