Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Done in time for Riverssance!





You can see this piece in person this weekend at Riverssance in Davenport Iowa this Saturday and Sunday.

I started this a couple of weeks ago, as you can see on my project tray.  Note the stickie on the dragonfly-- that's me planning out the holes to be drilled.  I'll be honest, I originally thought to make the dragonfly a bracelet, but messed up on drilling the hole too close to the edge-- making it unsafe to use that way.  With this design I turned those holes into decorative effects instead.  Once I laid out my design I thought the color of the dragonfly was too close with the vintage gears.  Normally I add color to the critter but this time I decided to add it to the gears.  I love how it turned out!  I think I'll add color to the gears more in the future.

No comments: