Saturday, February 13, 2016

My little piece of the political process

Pocket Watch plate with regulator still on it, added agate ... top is vintage watch face earrings.

During the Caucus process not only do we pick who we think should be running for president, we also pick delegates for the convention and elect people to the platform committee.

I've never really been involved with politics before, and I guess I figured this would be a great way to start.  The process to pick platform language has been a very interesting, and it's sort of reassuring how democratic it all is and how much thought can actually go into the final platform.  (course I'm a Democrat, so my experience might not match a Republican )   There is at least 1 more meeting before the county Convention on March 12th, and then our job is done.  The the planks go to the county level, then state and eventually to the national committee.  It will be interesting to see what's left by the time it get's to the national level.

No comments: