Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Look MA!! I'm in a Gallery again!!

I'm very very very pleased to announce that I'm again in a gallery...  a very well respected local gallery -- Five Monkeys!

Actually I'm one of the featured artists for the Month of May, which is pretty darn exciting actually.

Five Monkeys promises to be a very good experience for me as an artist -- it's all local central Iowa artists, and Dina ( the gal in charge and owner) has special events scheduled all the time.

Here's a sneak peak of my display in the gallery for May:
 As you can see most of the jewelry is from my Mechanical Romance line, and I've peppered the display with "future jewelry" -- mechanicals that Jerry hasn't taken apart yet.


Five Monkeys is having a open house this Friday to celebrate the expansion of the gallery space, and the next Saturday  (May 14th, noon to 4pm) I'll be one of the artists on site.. I'm planing on bringing a few things to play with and of course tools to make adjustments on jewelry.  Both nights promise tons of fun and art, so if you are in the Des Moines area.. stop by for gosh sake!!   Located at 4211 Chamberlain Dr, Des Moines, IA ( across the street from the shops at Roosevelt, close to the playhouse )


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your display looks fabulous! Hope you do well and have fun (that's a huge part of it) :)

Unknown said...

Your display looks fantastic Kat! Hope you do well and have fun(that's a huge part of this jewelry journey) :)

CraftyHope said...

Your display is so, so awesome! I love the vintage and antique pieces (though they're on the chopping block!). They just add so much character and really give a feeling of who you are and where your pieces come from. Very cool. Wishing you all the best in this new venture.