Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Tinkerbell Steampunk

I had this out at my very first show last weekend, and it's already sold... but I am so pleased how it turned out!   This is another of my resin projects from a few weeks ago.

It's the reason I wanted to do a resin poor actually!

I got these great fairy charms on my trip last summer, but when I went to use them, I  found out why they were so affordable... it broke!! arrgh!!

but I love the design of the fairy, and it made me think of Tinkerbell.  Who doesn't love Tinkerbell?   I still wanted to use them, but how in good conscience could I if they break when you breathe on them?   That's when I decided I needed to play with Resin again.  I wanted to make a steampunk Version of Tink, so what better bezel than a old pocket watch case?

So I set up bit by bit, this design over the last several months, and worked on a few other resin projects, until I had enough to do a poor.

When I was finished with the design, the back was ugly.. I mean, beyond ugly!  So I prettied it up with this:
This piece attracted much attention - and Jerry is telling me I need to do more projects like this.

What do you think?

No comments: