Thursday, June 21, 2018

Farmer's Market Preview !!

 This Saturday is going to be a amazing day at Downtown Des Moines Farmer's Market!  First of all, I"m there, in my normal wonderful spot on the south side of 4th street, across the street from Hy-Vee. 

Second, so far ( knock on wood) the weather promises to be very nice.. not so damn hot and low chances of rain. 

Third, I actually got my butt in gear the last couple of weeks and I've got some great new pieces to share!  You can see just *some* of the earrings I got done in the top pic.  I think my favorites this time around are the copper brass with watch face and pearls.  The drop pearls I used are actually vintage unused plastic ... I know I don't normally use plastic but they are so cute and vintage, so I"ll make an exception for them.   I only had 6 of them, which worked out perfect for these earrings!  I love the vintage watch faces with dragonflies and  purple drop crystals.. those are glass and they are vintage as well. 
 I finally got my Kitty-Fairy done! I've been working on this off and on for months.  I just kept hitting a road block on where I wanted to go with this.. I finally realized I was over-thinking it.  I kept wanting to make it bigger than it is, but it's Practically Perfect just this way ( Mary Poppins anyone??)


It's a lovely group shot showing *most* of the necklaces I made the last few weeks.  Look guys, I got the camera guy done!! I'll blog about it  soon... all pieces in this group have vintage bits -- I had so much fun pulling these pieces together!


So Come down to Farmer's Market   Saturday, Downtown Des Moines, 7-12pm and enjoy the weather, food, fun and art!

No comments: