Saturday, April 13, 2019

Presenting my new studio space!

I know it's April, and we Moved in January, but damn, moving takes forever!!!
Here is moving day... actually more like moving month.  We were fortunate  to be able to buy this house, then sell our old house separately so we could move more gradually.  Then of course old house sold faster than planned, ( not a complaint!!! ) and the last week or so of moving was much more hurried.  Part of the problem?  Iowa had more snow and ice the month of Jan and Feb than it's had in probably 5 years, all condensed in the 2 month period.

I know I know, that's what I get for buying a house in January.   It wasn't planned of course.  When I started to house hunt in November, we thought it would take months to find the right space.  Instead it took 13 open houses. 

Another moving shot... the loft area is not part of my studio, it's our family library area.
This photo is about giving you some idea of how large my new space is... yummy! That's approximately where my main table ended up as well.
One thing the old studio had in spades -- built in shelving.  However I really like the shelf units we found for the workroom.
Unpacking, Unpacking, Unpacking !
This is a great picture, taken from the library loft.  what a mess!

and finally, the finished studio!!!!  I love and adore my new creative space!!!!!

This is my etsy space.  Mostly the destash stuff.   It makes mailing etsy or jewelry a snap, because  I now have my scale, packing and mailing supplies all in one place!
The 3 main new shelves house most of my Plano boxes full of components, beads and mechanical parts.
This front shelf has most of my metal/clay/glass books, and behind it is my metal bench. 

This is the panorama view of the studio from my desk.  Here you can see my plano shelves, then more storage under the library loft, my metal bench ( the purple are dust covers on my rolling mill and hydraulic press).  The tall shelf by the doorway is the rest of my personal jewelry making library, the daybed and then the etsy shelf and my desk.

So welcome to the new Midnight Kat Studio!!!!

1 comment:

CraftyHope said...

What a really amazing space! I'm glad everything's coming together for you. It looks awesome!