Monday, January 17, 2022

I love Nightmare

As in Nightmare Before Christmas that is.  In my family I just call it Nightmare, but in fandom it's NBC.  

One of my goals is to completely redo my kitchen and dining room into a NBC theme -- and over the last couple of years I've added touches when and where I can.  Above is a light switch plate I added about a year ago-- As I find designs I like ( and have the spare $$) I'll get them all replaced, as well as the visible plug ins.  
Another touch I added last year is padded window seat in the dining room.   ( in a lovely purple which is of course of one the main NBC colors! ) 

The window seat came with the house of course, but it was bare wood and it's original to the house, or near so.  ( My house started in 1913, and it's been added to at least 3 times, maybe 4?  It's kind of a Frankenstein house which is yet another reason I adore it) 

This change I think adds much to my dining room.  I bought the pillow shams, and then pillows for them.  The padding is just chunks of foam cut to fit, and I found extra long pillow sheets to use as the covers-- making it an affordable house upgrade.  Since the pillow sheets can be washed as needed, easy to clean as well. I believe this cost me around $120 total.  It's comfy as well!

The cats adore it! during daytime hours you will find one or 2 of them snuggled up in the sunlight.  

 I'm hoping in another year or 2, we can redo the cabinetry in the kitchen to fit my theme.  As it is, I have several of my favorite Nightmare toys on display in the dining room and kitchen.

I really love my home, and I'm so grateful I can add and subtract things to make it special!  


No comments: